Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wooden Snowman

 
My mother had a boutique at the Quilted Bear when I was young.  I spent many hours working along side her and learning her craft.  I'm so grateful for all she taught me and loved being with her.  I love to look at ideas on line and say "I can make that!"  And that is what happened here.  I was in the mood to make a little snow time craft so I googled 'winter craft ideas.'  This is one that I saw done up a couple of different ways and thought was really cute.  I took a quick detour to Home Depot for the wood, during my weekly grocery shopping.  Then I showed my husband (an amazing carpenter) a rough idea of what it was supposed to look like.  Gave him the dimension for the head and he had it cut and sanded in no time.  That Saturday my little five year old help me paint the pieces, and in the random 5 minute intervals of spare time, throughout the evening I was able to finish painting it and adding a little decor.  Supper easy to make ... the pieces are 2x2 wood, white paint, glaze painted on and wiped off, sanded edges, and a little ribbon, fabric, jute, and snowflake button.   LOVED the way it turned out!

No comments: