Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fire Cracker Box

 
How super cute is this ... yes I love the exploding box idea.  This is a new style from my other ones further down on the posts.  I made this to teach at my July class at JoAnns this year, but we have decided not to do it at this time.  Instead I am going to be teaching the "Ladies Night" project once a month for the next 4-5 months.  The ladies night projects are a bit simpler, but just as adorable and still loaded with photo and journaling spots.  Look for those posts coming soon! 

 
The story ... I was creating this idea and just needed some random paper to create it, so I used this americana paper from my stash (it was a 12x12 stack from 5 years or so ago and I can't seem to find the cover from the stack to tell you the manufacturer).  Anyway, I was never really impressed with the americana paper and couldn't find any inspiration from it, so I thought it would work great for a demo project.  As the album came together I fell in love with how it looks and the paper seemed to tell me where it wanted to be placed.  In the end I love it and I love how it looks like its a packaged fire cracker. 
This album is a little shorter (5x5) than the previous ones I made and the extra pages are totally different, but have lots of pockets, flip books, and fold outs.  The stickers are *** and the sprays I got from JoAnns.  I hope to teach this class next year, till then the instructions will be available for purchase on my website (still in progress).

No comments: