Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How I create my Digital Mini Albums

 
I am using the "Sweet Rain" Waterfall Paperbag Album in my examples here... First of all, I drag my photos into photoshop and drop them into the different "Sweet Rain" Mini files (as I've shown in my Expanded CD Case and Matchbook Mini you tube videos) and save them as jpeg files.  I've talked to my local printing stores and know that they carry the type of paper I like to print on for these files (I think it's 100 lb. silk, or something like that ... it's what they print Christmas cards and such on).  And they carry it in different sizes.  I usually go with the 11 X 17 size.
 
I create a new page in photoshop that is this size and I drag and drop my jpeg files onto this new page, arranging them so I have as little white space as possible.  NOTE: Be sure NOT to set the images against the edges because the printers don't print to the edge.  I like to start about 1/4 inch or more away from the edges.  Once those are done, I save them as jpeg files, put them on my memory stick  and head to the printing place (although I believe many places you can just upload them straight to there sight).  I need to get out of the house with my two little boys, so we take them in ... (I use Image Pro for those who are local to Cedar City, Utah).  We are only there about 5-10 minutes before I have my sheets of cardstock printed and I'm eager to get home and create my mini.

 
Using the pattern that comes with the digital images, I cut out my printed 'elements' and organize them into pages. 

 
All that is left is to follow the directions in the pattern to create the interactive elements of the mini album and adhere everything into place.  I am always so excited to see the mini albums come together ... with pictures!  (as I have a lot of traditional mini albums still waiting to have pictures added to them).  Here is the link to this pattern, again.  Here is the link to the video for this project.  Hope this little explination helps.
Happy scrappin!
 

http://sharinashack.com/product/sweet-rain-waterfall-paper-bag-mini-album/
PS This mini only took 3 1/2 printed pages (11x17) to create.  Fill your empty space with photos or another mini ablum :)

No comments: