Wednesday, April 15, 2015

School Days mini Mini



My second project share as the Guest Designer for Country Craft Creations is ...
 a Miniture Mini.  This was just a quick, but super fun project I created to hold just a few pictures (my kids first day of school) :)  The first day of school is always filled with anxious excitement.  My kids are dressed and ready to catch the bus an hour before it's time.  They are wearing their favorite outfit and eager to see their schoolmates.  They've had a yummy breakfast (and sometimes two depending on how early they got up ...lol).  The morning light is warm and helps me get the best photos.  I like to have them hold up 'how many fingers' for the grade they are entering (helps me remember from year to year).  I thought this would be a fun way to display these photos.
 
 
I used the October Afternoon "Milk Money" papers and elements from their Daily Flash line.
and some white cardstock. 



 
The idea came from this blog post (written in a different language), however, I did my own dimensions entirely!  This is just post that inspired the project.
 
Here are the measurments I used...
Outside cover is cut at 3 3/4 x 11, scored at 2, 3 1/2, 7 1/4, and 8 3/4.
The inside accordian folded piece (attached in the middle section on the left side was
cut at 3 1/2 x 11, scored at 3 1/2, 7, and 10 1/2.
My photo mats are (I cut 6) 2 1/2 x 3,
 and I used a lot of foam tape to pop everything up, just for fun!
I used a 20" piece of ribbon to tie it closed.
 


No comments: