Valentines Days is tomorrow! are you ready? Today's tutorial is a Valentines Bird Cage (so cute!)
There a lot more steps in this process, but it was still a fun and easy one to do.
Materials: 3 3/4 inch sqaure chipboard, 1 sheet of 12x12 cardstock, some embellishements, adheseives, paper trimmer, scissors.
1. This project starts with the base of the bird house. Trace and cut out a 3 3/4 inch circle from chipboard and cardstock.
2. Adhere the cardstock to the chipboard base.
3. Design something fabulous to be caged in your bird cage, and adhere it in anyway you need to.
4. Cut a 12 x 1 inch strip of cardstcok. Starting at the back carefully adhere it along the bottom edge of the base.
5. (optional) fill the base with something fun (I used cream confetti here).
6. Cut 6 strips of cardstock 1/4 x 12 inches each.
7. Glue 2 strips together forming a "+" (repeat 2 more times)
8. Adhere the "+" intersections together in a radial fashion.
9. With the intersection on top, gently fold the strips down and adhere them to the 1 inch cardstock on the base.
10. Cut a 1/4 x 2 inch strip and adhere it together to form a cricle.
11. Adhere it to the top of the birdcage to from a top.
12. Finish embellishing as desired.
This darling bird cage could be used for any function or season. Wouldn't it be funny to put a Lephricahn in one for St. Pattys Day, or flowers for a center piece at a spring luncheon.